What is an Indeed Virtual Interview?
Simply put, an Indeed Virtual Interview is a relatively novel method that companies use to screen job applicants quickly. An Indeed Virtual Interview is a two-way interview where you will be live on camera with a person from the hiring organization. You can complete an Indeed Virtual Interview interview at any time as long as it is during the time block the interviewer has set their availability. Regular interview conventions still apply! Ensure you are prepared for your Indeed Virtual Interview interview (use a free service like Voomer), research the company you are applying for, and dress as if you are headed to a regular, one-on-one interview.
What questions will be asked in an Indeed Virtual Interview?
Questions asked in an Indeed Virtual Interview fall into three major categories:
- Motivational questions: These will ask why you want to work at the organization you’ve applied to, why you are interested in that role, etc
- Behavioral questions: These questions will probe your competencies and need to be answered using concrete examples
- Knowledge questions: This is tricky and highly dependent on the role you are applying to and your seniority. The interviewer will ask you about specific hard and soft skills you possess
You can check out some common Indeed interview questions in this article.
What can I expect from the interview?
An Indeed Virtual Interview will always follow these steps:
- You apply to a job on Indeed
- Answer a few screening questions (usually multiple choice). This will determine whether or not you are suitable for the role you’ve decided to apply to
- Select a date and time for your virtual interview. The times displayed are when the interviewer is available. If you have a conflict with the shown times, find out a way around your agenda so that you can be free on one of the time slots
- Be ready and available on time for your virtual interview. Click on the button on your Indeed profile or confirmation email to start your interview
- You’ll get a chance to test your camera and microphone just before the interview. Make sure they are working
- Next, you’ll be connected to someone from the hiring company and your interview begins!
How do I ace the Indeed Virtual Interview?
Simple – practice! You might know what an Indeed Virtual Interview is – but it is a completely different thing to answer a question live. Head over to Voomer where you can practice on Indeed Virtual Interview style questions and use their AI-powered tools to quickly improve and land that dream job!