So you are looking up information on the University of Cincinnati Kira interview - great! That means that you have already gone through most of the application slog and are in the final stretch.
We'll take a look at how to ace the Kira video interview at the various schools and programs at UC that require this type of interview, from the MBA at the Carl H. Lindner College of Business to the UC College of Nursing.
Let's take a step back for a second. The University of Cincinnati has been using recorded video interviews run by a company called Kira Talent for several years. Several programs at UC use these interviews in admissions.
That interview will most likely be the first time someone from admissions listens - and watches - you speak. Therefore, it pays to be well prepared for this critical stage of the application process.
After finishing reading this article, make sure you check out Voomer, where you can practice for your interview and get AI-powered feedback on your answers.
University of Cincinnati's style
UC prides itself in being a very inclusive school. The Welcome Week is a particular highlight that students mention when talking about the university and speaks to the inclusive atmosphere most students will find.
Keep in mind that while admissions always tries to bring in a cohort that thinks in very diverse ways, they are looking for that "secret sauce" where they can tell an applicant will be a great addition to the cohort.
So a great way to improve your chances is to play up occasions when you've welcomed newcomers in your life - either at work or in your personal life.
University of Cincinnati Kira Video Interview Questions
1. Why an MBA (or nursing degree, masters, etc)?
2. Why did you apply to the University of Cincinnati?
3. How long have you been considering this program and why now is the right time?
4. What specific skills are you looking to gain at UC?
5. What is unique to UC that you are attracted to?
6. What are you going to do with the knowledge you gain at UC?
1. What is the most significant personal weakness that you have identified, what did you do about it and what was the result?
2. Imagine you are proposing an innovation idea for a class project and the audience is not interested. What would you do?
3. Discuss what you would do if you and your teammates cannot come to an agreement on a project decision.
4. Discuss a time that you and your teammates were on a tight timeline.
5. Tell us about a time you asked for help and how did it go?
6. Tell us about a time you were overloaded with work, how did you handle it?
7. Tell us a time where you had an idea and had to convince your project team.
How to do well on the Kira interview, or any interview!
There are quite a few ways you can ace the Kira interview, and most of the advice also applies to live interviews (either face to face or though Skype or Zoom).
Take a look at these other resources we've put together for more information:
- How to introduce yourself
- How to answer "why do you want to do program X"
- How to use the right technique when answering interview questions
- If your interview is via Kira, Skype or Zoom, how to get set up for a video interview
- For the big day, 5 tracks to get your mind ready for the interview!
The other great way to get prepared is to pratice, practice and practice some more. Voomer is a great resource for that since you the above questions and more are loaded into our system and you can practice in an environment that is nearly identical to the one you'll face on the actual interview!
On Voomer, you'll also get AI powered feedback on your performance so you can rapidly improve your skills.
There you go! The University of Cincinnati is a great school and competition is tough - make sure you prep for the challenging interview!
If you are curious about how Voomer's AI-powered video assessment tools can help you to prepare thoroughly for your upcoming video essays click below to get started!
If you feel we've left any out any questions would like us to update the list please email us: email@example.com