Everything submitted. Application done. “Oh wait what?! There is some sort of video requirement?”. Yes, that’s right you’ve just remembered you have to complete a video assessment – or video essay, as Kellogg calls it – as part of your application to proceed. You definitely don’t want this to derail your application.
We’ve researched an extensive, but not exhaustive, set of possible questions to help with your preparation – and guess what! All these prompts are all built into Voomer’s AI-powered video assessment tools here.
We recently made a video that goes over some of the things I’m going to discuss in this article. Take a look at the video but read on for more!
Kellogg is known for trying extending offers to applicants that have a good cultural fit. Kellogg is located in the greater Chicago area, which in turn is in the US Mid-West. Midwesterners are known for being very down to earth, genuinely friendly and upbeat. Keep all that in mind when you answer the questions on Kellogg’s video essay.
OK so here we go! Brace yourself its a long list. As you know, there is much more to a strong performance than just being confident in potential questions – structure, performance, eye contact, vocal tone matter too – that’s why we created Voomer to empower you to communicate who you are more effectively.
2020 Kellogg Kira Video Essay Question Bank
1. Please introduce yourself to the admissions committee.
2. What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you?
3. 2020 has been a year of seismic disruption — fighting the global COVID-19 pandemic, tragic deaths that have brought systemic racism and social justice issues to the forefront of long overdue conversations, and economic and political divides that are growing deeper and deeper. How has this unprecedented year challenged you and how have you faced that challenge?
That’s it? Yes it appears so! This year Kellogg has eschewed their usual question bank and will ask applicants to answer those three questions.
However, if we take a look at the question bank from past years, we can see what I mentioned above – Kellogg is really looking for an applicant’s cultural fit, what attitudes they have to life, etc. Overly bragging, boasting and exaggerating probably won’t get you very far.
Kellogg Kira Video Essay Previous Year Question Bank
1. Why are you applying to Kellogg?
2. What makes you a great fit for Kellogg?
3. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to try?
4. What is one piece of technology you can’t live without?
5. What is the most interesting course you took as a student?
6. If you could meet anyone (living or dead), who would it be and why?
7. What is your most treasured possession and why?
8. What inspires you?
9. Why did you choose your college major?
10. What invention during your lifetime has had the biggest impact on you and why?
11. If you could teach a class on any subject, what would it be and why?
12. What is one interesting thing about you that you would want you future Kellogg classmates to know?
13. If you had an extra hour every day, what would you do with it?
14. What word describes you best and why?
15. Tell us about the first job you ever had?
16. What’s the best book you have ever read and why?
17. When you have a problem, whom do you approach for advice and why?
18. What accomplishment are you really proud of?
19. What’s the best piece of advice you have ever received?
20. If you could witness any event..past present or future-what would it be?
21. Tell us about an organization or activity in which you have dedicated significant time. Why was it meaningful to you?
22. What good deed has anyone for you and how did you feel about it?
23. Tell us about the most interesting place you’ve traveled to. What did you enjoy most about it.
24. What invention during your lifetime has had the biggest impact on you and why?
25. If money was not a concern. what would you do?
26. What is the most meaningful thing anyone has done for you in your life?
27. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
28. What food do you like? Will you be able to eat that food everyday?
29. How have you changed in the last 5 years?
30. Whom do you respect most, and why?
31. What is your favorite motto or quote, and why
32. What risk have you taken and what did you learn? What impact do you have on your co-workers?
Well there you have it, our ultimate list of questions for the Kellogg Kira interview. If you feel we’ve left any out and would like us to update the list please email us: [email protected].
If you are curious about how Voomer’s AI-powered video assessment tools can help you to prepare thoroughly for your upcoming video essays click below to get started!