Everything submitted. Application done. “Oh wait what?! There is some sort of video requirement?”. Yes, that’s right you’ve just remembered you have to complete a “video response” (as Oxford Said calls it) as part of your application to proceed – and you definitely don’t want this to derail your application.
We’ve researched an extensive, but not exhaustive, set of possible questions to help with your preparation – and guess what! All these prompts are built into Voomer’s AI-powered video assessment tools here.
We’ve also produced a video that goes over some tips to help you prepare for your upcoming interview.
Oxford Said’s style
Oxford Said wants to strip away all of your careful preparation and get to the applicant beneath that shiny patina. They are pretty thorough doing that and go beyond what most other MBA programs do.
You’ll have to answer two sets of two questions. The first one revolves around motivations. This can be a very tightly worded question asking the usual “why do you want to get an MBA” or “why Oxford Said” to very broad questions that try and understand what drives your career choice – allowing you to draw upon your entire life for an example that supports the answer. All applicants will have to answer the same two questions in this category.
The second question touches on your competencies – which are sometimes known as behavioral questions. Here admissions wants to understand how you’ve reacted to certain types of situations in the past. They are looking for clues on how you behave – are you reactive, proactive, people-focused, objective-focused, etc. We recently posted a great blog post that discusses these types of questions and how to prepare for them. You will have to answer two questions from this category – but they are randomly drawn from Oxford Said’s question bank, the likelihood of another applicant getting the same two questions is very low.
Keep in mind that Oxford also has a timed essay! However the question on the essay is usually very light-hearted and they are not looking so much at the content but whether or not you really are the person that submitted the edited essays as part of your initial submission – mostly to deter fraud.
OK so here we go! Brace yourself it’s a long list of questions. As you know, there is much more to a strong performance than just being confident in potential questions – structure, performance, eye contact, vocal tone matter too – that’s why we created Voomer to empower you to communicate who you are more effectively.
Oxford Said MBA Kira Interview Question Bank
1. Why an MBA now?
2. Why Oxford Said Business School?
3. How long have you been considering doing an MBA and why now is the right time?
4. What specific skills are you looking to gain at Oxford?
5. What is unique to Oxford MBA that you are attracted to?
1. What is the most significant personal weakness that you have identified, what did you do about it and what was the result?
2. Imagine you are proposing a business innovation idea for a class project and the audience is not interested. What would you do?
3. Discuss what you would do if you and your teammates cannot come to an agreement on a project decision.
4. Discuss a time that you and your teammates were on a tight timeline.
5. Tell us about a time you asked for help and how did it go?
6. Tell us about a time you were overloaded with work, how did you handle it?
7. Tell us a time where you had an idea and had to convince your project team.
Well there you have it, our ultimate list of questions for the Oxford Said MBA Kira video interview. If you feel we’ve left any out and would like us to update the list please email us: [email protected]
If you are curious about how Voomer’s AI-powered video assessment tools can help you to prepare thoroughly for your upcoming video essays click below to get started!