You just submitted your application for BU's Questrom School of Business MBA or one their many MS/masters or online programs - great!
However, there's one more step! Now you have to submit a video essay (sometimes called a video interview) run by Kira Talent. Keep in mind that it is on that submissions that admissions will actually hear you talk for the first time, and first impressions matter!
That's why we've compiled a list of questions that have come up on Boston University's (BU) Questrom School of Business MBA interviews.
After reading this article, make sure you check out Voomer, where you can practice and get AI-powered feedback on your answers.
BU Questrom's style
Before we dive into the questions, its worthwhile taking a look at BU Questrom's style. Business schools have their own personalities, and if you really want to get into Questrom, understanding that is essential.
Questrom's culture is relatively different from the rest of BU for one main reasons. BU's campus is very spread out around Boston, so there isn't that much mingling with students not studying business (though you can easily find and mingle with them if you set out to do that).
Besides the usual platitudes you'll hear from admissions on how great Questrom is, one thing in particular that places Questrom in the top MBA's in the US is how geographically diverse the student body is. The vast majority are from outside the state and around 1/4 are from outside the US. So when answering the video essay, make sure to play up your cosmopolitan credentials, how you've dealt with teammates from different cultures, if you are interested in learning about other cultures, etc. Admissions will be looking for this!
Now that you understand what BU Questrom is looking for, lets take a look at some questions that have been asked in the past on the video essay or video interview:
BU Questrom MBA Kira Video Essay Question Bank
1. Why an MBA now?
2. Why Boston University? Why Questrom?
3. How long have you been considering doing an MBA and why now is the right time?
4. What specific skills are you looking to gain at Questrom?
5. What is unique to the MBA at Questrom that attracts you?
1. What is the most significant personal weakness that you have identified, what did you do about it and what was the result?
2. Imagine you are proposing a business innovation idea for a class project and the audience is not interested. What would you do?
3. Discuss what you would do if you and your teammates cannot come to an agreement on a project decision.
4. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
5. What is the most interesting or innovative thing you own? How would you improve it?
Go over those questions for the Questrom MBA or MS programs in your head, but make sure to practice them as you would on the actual Kira video essay or interview. Voomer is a great tool to help you practice since those questions and more are loaded into our system and you can practice in an environment that is nearly identical to the one you'll face on the actual interview.
If you are curious about how Voomer's AI-powered video assessment tools can help you to prepare thoroughly for your upcoming video essays click below to get started!
If you feel we've left any out any questions would like us to update the list please email us: email@example.com