Everything submitted. Application done. “Oh wait what?! There is some sort of video requirement?”. Yes, that’s right you’ve just remembered you have to answer video questions as part of your application to proceed – and you definitely don’t want this to derail your application.
We’ve researched an extensive, but not exhaustive, set of possible questions to help with your preparation – and guess what! All these prompts are all built into Voomer’s AI-powered video assessment tools here.
Yale SOM, like most other prestigious MBA programs, wants to really understand why you want to attend, what drives and motivates you – and especially what you plan to do with your time at Yale SOM.
This year is definitively an unusual one with all that is happening in the world, but we believe that Yale should stick to their usual questions outlined below.
Keep in mind that the third question usually has a longer prep time, due to the fact that you will have to answer something related to a “raw” case study (if you have no idea what’s that, look up Yale’s “raw” and “cooked” case study method). Also, since it is case study based, we have no way of knowing what will be asked.
OK so here we go! Brace yourself its a long list. As you know, there is much more to a strong performance than just being confident in potential questions – structure, performance, eye contact, vocal tone matter too – that’s why we created Voomer to empower you to communicate who you are more effectively.
Yale Kira Video Question Bank
1. Where do you want to travel in the world and why?
2. Explain your hobbies
3. What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
4. What are your personal steps to conflict resolution?
5. Do you think technology divides or unites us?
6. How do you define success?
7. What is your most significant accomplishment?
8. Describe a leadership style you admire.
9. What qualities would your friends use to describe you?
10. How would your friend and coworkers describe you?
11. Please respond to the following statement: “Without Arts, an education can not be accomplished” Do you agree or disagree? why?
12. Do you think the people who raise capital in an organization are the most important part? Why/why not?
13. What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?
14. “As businesses become more global, the differences between cultures decrease.” Do you agree or disagree? Why?
15. Tell us about a challenging work experience and how you handled it.
16. Tell us about how you engaged with a community or an organization.
17. Tell us about your leadership style.
18. How did you contribute to your company/organization?
19. Talk about a team disagreement and how you handled it.
20. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
21. Tell us about a difficult decision and how you handled it?
22. Tell us about a creative solution you designed.
23. Tell us about a shortcut you and a team could have taken, but decided not to.
24. How will you resolve a conflict with your future classmates at the program?
25. Why is now the time for you to pursue an MBA?
26. Tell us about a time when you fell behind on a task/deadline. Why did 27. you fall behind, and what steps did you take to catch up?
28. “The People who we remember most are the people who break the rules.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
29. Tell us about a time when you had to exert extra effort to complete a task. What was that task and what steps did you take to be successful?
Well there you have it, our ultimate list of questions for the Yale Kira video questions. If you feel we’ve left any out and would like us to update the list please email us: [email protected].
If you are curious about how Voomer’s AI-powered video assessment tools can help you to prepare thoroughly for your upcoming Yale video questions, click below to get started!