Everything submitted. Application done. “Oh wait what?! There is some sort of video requirement?”. Yes, that’s right you’ve just remembered you have to complete an online video assessment (as the University of Manchester calls it, or the “Kira interview” which is what everyone calls it!) as part of your application to proceed – and you definitely don’t want this derailing your application.
We’ve researched an extensive, but not exhaustive, set of possible questions to help with your preparation – and guess what! All these prompts are built into Voomer’s AI-powered video assessment tools.
University of Manchester Alliance Business School MBA Kira interview structure
The Manchester Alliance Business School started using Kira interviews as part of their admissions process some years ago, and this academic year is no different.
Admissions wants applicants to have a chance to make their case in a more interesting medium such as video, since the essays and test scores can be very dry.
The way the Kira interview works is as follows: A few weeks after you submit your application and you are successful in getting approved by the first stage of the admissions process, you will receive a video interview invitation by email.
After receiving the invitation, you will have a few days to complete the video interview – make sure you use that time to prepare with a platform like Voomer, don’t rush off and record your answers immediately.
The questions you’ll be asked in your Kira interview can be split into two main categories.
The first category will be behavioral questions, which will take a look at the competencies that Manchester Alliance is interested in. You’ve probably been asked one of those before, they usually start with “tell me about a time when…”.
We wrote a great article on how to tackle those here.
The second category will be questions that probe your motivation and drive. For example, those questions will ask you about the reasons for deciding to apply for an MBA.
There is a third category, but it rarely shows up on Kira interviews, so we won’t go into too much depth in this article. These are questions that probe technical knowledge in your field of expertise, what the latest innovations are, etc. Since those questions are highly context-dependent and Kira is a “one size fits all” solution, they rarely crop up.
Manchester’s Alliance Kira MBA Interview Questions
- Why do you want to study at Alliance?
- Why is now the right time for you to get your MBA?
- What will you do after you get your MBA?
- What is your background?
- You have to speak to your boss about an overdue promotion, but she is hesitating. Show me how you would negotiate a successful outcome.
- What do you think is the future of your field?
7. Tell us about a time you were overloaded with work, how did you handle it?
8. Tell us a time where you had an idea and had to convince your team or manager.
9. Tell me of a time when you demonstrated a high level of drive to achieve a goal.
10. How are you involved with your community?
11. What is the business you most admire and why?
12. Tell me about a time you had to work with a very diverse group.
Well, there you have it, our ultimate list of questions for the Manchester Alliance MBA Kira interview! If you feel we’ve left any out and would like us to update the list please email us: [email protected]
If you are curious about how Voomer’s AI-powered video assessment tools can help you to prepare thoroughly for your upcoming video essays click below to get started with a free trial!